Southern Charm’ Star Announces Exit From Show Ahead Of Season 10 Reunion
- 0Facebook
- 0Twitter
- 0Pinterest
- Total0
After four seasons as a full-time cast member, Leva Bonaparte is stepping away from Southern Charm. The 45-year-old reality star and Charleston-based entrepreneur announced her departure on March 26, just ahead of the show’s highly anticipated season 10 reunion.
“Wanted to let you know that although this year was so fun—I’ll be stepping away from Southern Charm this year on great terms!” Bonaparte shared in an Instagram post. “I am in a place now in my life where I want to have time to focus on Boys and my Joys.”
Bonaparte, who shares a 7-year-old son, Lamar Jr., with her husband Lamar, explained that she needs a “life reset” away from the show. While she won’t be part of the main cast moving forward, she hinted that fans might still catch glimpses of her in the upcoming season.
“I love my friends on Charm—wish them the best and I’ll show up when they need me,” she said, teasing the possibility of appearing at “a party or two.”
Doubling Down on Southern Hospitality
Although she’s exiting Southern Charm, Bonaparte isn’t leaving reality TV entirely. Her focus is shifting to Southern Hospitality, a spinoff series centered around her popular Charleston bar and restaurant, Republic.
“Where you will see me is on Southern Hospitality in full force, where I can focus my energy on the business and the show that has really found its footing this year thanks to the fans, the Bravo bloggers, and the GOAT network @nbc @bravotv!” she wrote. “So this isn’t TV goodbye! Just maybe a you’ll see me a little less!”
Bonaparte has been a part of Southern Charm since its inception in 2014, initially appearing in a guest capacity before becoming a main cast member in season 7. She later expanded her Bravo presence with Southern Hospitality, which follows the staff at her Charleston establishments.
“I’m such a Bravo fan,” she previously told Parade, emphasizing how much she values the network and the opportunity to showcase a different side of Charleston nightlife. “I felt like it was needed because it was another pocket of people that are fun to watch. I’m really proud of the show.”
A Neutral Space in Southern Charm
Reflecting on her time with Southern Charm, Bonaparte said she often played a “neutral space” for her castmates, thanks in part to her slightly older age and lack of a personal agenda.
“It was a fun season for me because it felt like, oh, this is why we’re friends. We have fun together,” she told PEOPLE.
Having spent years in the reality TV spotlight, Bonaparte has learned one key lesson: authenticity is everything.
“When it comes to doing shows like this, the best thing is just to be honest,” she said. “The minute you’re dishonest, I feel like people can tell. If you don’t own your stuff, it comes out the wrong way. It ends up being worse.”
One thing she’s always been firm about? Boundaries. “The one thing I’m savage about are boundaries,” she admitted. “My business comes first, and I protect it, and I’ve worked hard for it. We have a lot of things sort of brewing.”
Saying Goodbye—But Not for Long
Bonaparte’s exit marks the second departure from Southern Charm this season. In November, cast member Jarrett “JT” Thomas also announced he was leaving, revealing that he hadn’t even completed filming his confessionals before deciding to step away.
Despite Bonaparte’s departure from the main series, fans can still look forward to seeing her in Southern Hospitality and potentially making guest appearances on Southern Charm.
The first part of the Southern Charm season 10 reunion airs Thursday, March 27, on Bravo.
Be sure to catch up on everything happening on Southern Charm right now. Come back here often for all Southern Charm’s spoilers, news, and updates.
- 0Facebook
- 0Twitter
- 0Pinterest
- 0LinkedIn
- Total0