Royal Family News: Could Prince Harry And Meghan Markle’s Netflix Series Be Shelved Indefinitely?
Royal Family news reveals that, as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been said to be calling for numerous edits in the wake of the Queen’s death and subsequent funeral, their Netflix documentary may be “shelved indefinitely.” Read on and we’ll give you the low down.
Royal Family News – Prince Harry And Meghan Markle, Taking It Back
Royal Family news reveals, according to Marie Claire, before the Queen’s death last month, the duke and duchess had many projects nearing completion. Meghan’s Spotify podcast, “Archetypes,” launched in September and Harry’s explosive memoir is expected on shelves by the end of the year.
The filming of the Sussex’s Netflix docuseries has also been underway for a bit. However, following Her Majesty’s death, the situation changed. According to Tatler, the duke and duchess’s docuseries could be “shelved indefinitely,” as the Sussexes have attempted to make “extensive cuts” to the series and are reportedly “at odds” with Netflix producers.
The new series about the royal couple was reportedly in the works as part of their Archewell Productions partnership with the streaming powerhouse. According to insiders at Page Six, it’s likely that, given the Queen’s recent death, the couple now want to downplay much of what they’ve said of King Charles III, The Queen Consort, and Prince William and Kate Middleton, as it has been expected that the project would include a great many shocking truths about the Royal Family.
Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Netflix Deal May Be Shelved
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s docuseries will come out along with a fifth season of The Crown – due to hit the small screen in November – which covers the 1990s and will likely feature a not-so-favorable portrayal of King Charles III.
Page Six reports that the changes Harry and Meghan are trying to make to their own show are so expansive that they could cause the show to be “shelved indefinitely.” If not, the show will be the couple’s first offering since signing the multi-million-dollar deal with Netflix in 2020.
— SOS/CTS/HH (@SoapOperaSpy) October 10, 2022
Conflicting Release Goals
“They’ve made significant requests to walk back content they themselves have provided — to the extent that some Netflix staff believe, if granted, it will effectively shelve the project indefinitely,” a Netflix source told the outlet. “Netflix is standing by the filmmakers.”
The biographical documentary series, should it come to fruition, will follow the release of The Crown hit the small screen by the end of this year or the beginning of 2023. Reportedly, Harry and Meghan wish to release the series next year. However, the Netflix people, who’ve already paid the couple several million dollars, want the release to be right after Season 5 of the Crown drops on November 9.
Be sure and stay up to speed on this and other royally related stories. Return here often for more Royal Family news and updates.