Royal Family News: Royal Family Have ‘Fingers Crossed’ For Prince Philip
British royal family news divulges that Buckingham Palace confirmed today that Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh is being treated for an ‘infection’ in the hospital. He will remain there for ‘several days’ and is ‘comfortable.’
He was admitted to King Edward VII Hospital in London last Tuesday and this is the first official announcement regarding his health.
Prince Charles visited the prince recently but made no comment and now Philip’s youngest child Prince Edward has said the Royal Family are keeping their ‘fingers crossed’ and his father was doing ‘a lot better.’
Edward lives at Bagshot Park in Surrey with his wife Sophie and children Lady Louise and Viscount James. He said he had spoken to Philip on the phone.
The Earl of Wessex told Sky News, “He’s a lot better and he’s looking forward to getting out, which is the most positive thing. So we keep our fingers crossed.”
Royal Family News – Prince Philip’s Health Scare
The public was gravely concerned for the 99-year old’s health and a scarcity of information was not helping to allay fears. This is the eighth day for Philip to be in the hospital. As such it marks his longest medical admission for at least a decade without a pre-planned operation.
He is in an exclusive private hospital and today a palace spokesman said: “The Duke of Edinburgh remains at King Edward VII’s Hospital where he is receiving medical attention for an infection. He is comfortable and responding to treatment but is not expected to leave hospital for several days.”
Royal Family News – Prince Philip Is Under Observation
Edward was asked if his father was frustrated at being in the hospital, and he said, “Just a bit! I think that gets to all of us, and then, you can only watch the clock so many times and the walls are only so interesting.”
Edward also made it a point to thank the public for all of the, ‘brilliant and lovely messages’ which Philip ‘really appreciates’ and had been given.
— SOS/CTS/HH (@SoapOperaSpy) February 23, 2021
In the main it must be said that Prince Philip has enjoyed excellent health for a 99-year-old and he still maintains an active lifestyle.
Reacting to the official announcement, former BBC royal correspondent Peter Hunt tweeted, “Hard facts aren’t often deployed by officials when dealing with sick royals. A week on, we now know Prince Philip has an infection; is staying in hospital much longer than planned; and is likely to be climbing the walls rather than being ‘in good spirits.’”
Be sure to catch up on everything happening with the royal family. Come back here often for royal family spoilers, news and updates.